Home staging, at its most basic, involves the dressing up of vacant houses for success in the property market. It is more than just decluttering or decorating a home. Done right, it can work magic for you.
Why Home Stage?
The importance of home staging, therefore, lies in the illusions you create. It will have you perfecting the art of creating the ideal mood that will have potential tenants and buyers swooning over the house. This is because staging your home will make it look warmer, cleaner, brighter, and bigger. The ultimate goal, of course, is to get people to want to rent or buy it on the spot.
Home staging, to this end, will pay off big time. Although not every seller is receptive to it, most of those who have tried it agree that it has helped them sell property that would not have had as quick a market if it had been vacant.
How to Home Stage
So, how do you go about staging your house? Consider the following tips and tricks:
– Add unique elements to your fireplace mantels, bookcases, and shelving to draw attention to these predetermined areas
– Arrange your sparse furniture pieces in an appealing grouping, like in a vignette
– Display a couple of unusual knickknacks in units of 5, 3, or 1
– Drape your window coverings with simple, elegant lines
– Showcase generous use of such soft fabrics as satin, lambswool and silk
Over and above everything else, remember that the basic idea behind home staging lies in allowing the rooms to showcase themselves in a natural and aesthetic way. Vacant homes look soulless. Without staging, therefore, your property will probably be on the market for months on end. A perfectly staged home, on the other hand, will sell almost as soon as you start showcasing it. Try it out today and enjoy the benefits that come with the magic created by home staging vacant houses.